Monday, April 16, 2007

Wow! I have got a project

I reached the office just before 10 today and found my boss busy with someone/something. Oh! He is one busy guy and he walks with so much urgency in his steps as if he is the only guy who is actually doing some work but no wait, a couple of other guys were also walking with almost wings on their back. May be they have the urgency to prove themselves or the impression management factor. Anyways, as usual I was asked to wait. 1 hour and the boss come and utter his one liner. “I have almost finalized your project, so wait for some time; I have to get it approved”. Reading between the line, I interpreted that there is no project and he needs some time to come up with some idea. Okay, waited for another couple of hours for the second one liner “Well, come I would like to sit with you for 5 minutes”. He briefed me about my project which is going to 40 outlets each day with a salesman (whose language I don’t understand) and then out of those 40 outlets, I have to sample 10 shops everyday to measure the off take of the Henko stain champion. My heart started beating faster. In the scorching heat of Chennai, everyday I have to roam around places with one sales guy and study the shops. That too 6 days a week and without any kind of compensation, definitely not cool but I have things at stake. So I agreed to everything and was thinking inside that though I have got a project, I think that the struggle starts now.

No comments: