Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Roaming around – Hate to be a silent spectator

So there we started, I got to sit beside a person on his bike and we 3 people went on a sales beat. The origin of the word beat comes from history where if somebody has to sell something, he will go around beating drums or something (this definition came from my boss). I remember some Dosa Walas beating their hot plates and we use to feel happy that Dosa wala has arrived. Well, today even the thought of eating a dosa makes me feel sick in the stomach (unfortunately had to eat dosa for lunch as well as breakfast today). I was counting the number 40 as yesterday I was told that on average a salesman covers about 40 outlets daily. But we did a bit more than that as some of them were closed, some simply refused to take anything and at some places they had enough stock left. I was cursing myself for not knowing the language as the work was not that boring as I thought. Yeah it requires less skill than MBA of-course but then if you are working without stipend that means you are in dire need and you should be ready to do any kind of menial jobs (this definition comes from my placement authorities). The company is your mai-baap for the 3 months and be prepared to do whatever it takes. Well, was sweating buckets today and at one point of time, I even felt like fainting. I was counting like anything and was getting furious as it was 2 in the afternoon and we only covered 24 outlets.

1 comment:

Who M I said...

i can well imagine how u must b feeling...its too hot to go out in dis scorching heat n that too in chennai...n ya d language....u must b so curioius wat is happening around....anyways gud job....n so now u can imagine our state.....d outer world....out 4m colg...:))
all d best....