Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What is your project?

Well, for my lack of understanding of the knowledge and for this place being in the interior Chennai where without the Tamil you are as good as dumb, I kept quiet for the first 15 minutes and sat like an idiot between people giving me strange look and every-time they laughed on something, I felt that they were laughing on me. The stock was piled up and the place had a fresh aroma. There were two computers and none were being used. Finally my manager arrived and he introduced me to the salespeople. Well, I have none of the requisite qualities of a qualified sales person. I can’t speak the language, I can’t even drive properly and don’t even have a driving license. Making the matter worse, I can’t bargain for pennies, I can’t pester people to buy my things instead of buying from someone else. But yeah this is life. One more thing, after knowing my qualifications and my limits he asked me “What is your project?” I was clueless. “I don’t know but I would like to go on a sales beat with one of your guys” I answered.

No comments: