Tuesday, April 10, 2007

2nd Day - And the wait is over, I got something to hang on.

Well, finally the wait was over and we got to meet the boss. Well, my nightmare came true and I was assigned a sales project and has to assist the sales team for the next four weeks. I always hated the salesman job and that's why I grew a fantasy for finance. But then, things changed and I became interested in the strategy side of marketing but son, this is a world of old and experienced vultures, babies have to watch things happen and have to go through the tough route. Sales, territory, area, marketing, branding, strategy. The path is too long and it seems that it will take ages before I can move to the strategy level.

Anyways, the day started with a metting with my boss and the boss ka boss. My boss apparently is from Punjab and for a moment I thought he became happy that i also did my engineering from Punjab but well that was the only friendly moment between us. I felt ignored after that for a long long time. The place where I have to sit and wait is in one corner and is stacked with 2 sofas, a water cooler and mobile charger. So anyone who has to pass by will take a curious look on you and I was feeling like I do not belong to the place. My boss asked me to read some magazine and for the first time I read any magazine completely. I read and then re-read the whole business world and was feeling so sleepy that it was like I literally started dozing off on the sofa.

An hour and half passed and then my boss called me for a 15 minutes orientation session about sales terminologies. I learnt about the origin of few words (which I can't even find on wiki) and then learnt about my project. For the next 3 days have to go on sales visit and have to take note of the work flow. Gosh! the scorching summer heat of Chennai will leave me with sunburns for sure and the auto bill will burn a hole into my pocket also. Life do not seems to be rosy. Let's see what I learn from tomorrow.

No comments: