Wednesday, April 4, 2007

In anticipation of life..

Examinations are over and the writing on the wall is that "life starts now". Well, the week started with a not so professional decision of quitting a strategy case contest final for personal reason but still it feels great to be in a position from where you can assert your choice. Well the situation was not such when I was offered the salesmanship at henkel but as this is just the beginning, this is the time to try out new things otherwise who wish to sell soaps and detergents at the age of 40 or after 20 yrs of experience? So here I am, ready to start my brief 10 weeks stint with the salesmanship for one of the FMCG majors Henko (not in the top 3 of business world ranking published yesterday, but still a big one with some good brands in their kitty).

The aniticipation of the new life is killing me. I don't know whether I am excited or not but ofcourse I am curious that what the new life is going to be, or what life has stored in for me. I don't know the language, have very poor driving skills (both are highly sought after qualifications) add that with the knowledge about Chennai and you see I have nothing which will work for me except myself. Most of us who have started their internship have some knowledge about whatever they are doing or at-least their decision was a conscious one but for me its not a matter or choice and chances are there that I will struggle hard on the job. But anyways, here I am starting with my job in 5 days (without pay) and dying with the anticipation of new life. Hope it would be good but whatever it would be, the writing will not be on the wall but also on this blog.

No comments: